Normal is a Dryer Setting

I've written before about the idea of "normal." I believe it's an arbitrary concept, because what might be normal for you wouldn't necessarily be normal for me. And yet, we use the word all the time. Sometimes in seemingly innocuous ways, and other times in ways to imply that those who do not meet our standards are deficient and lesser.

It's not ok. Seriously. We have to do something about it. I'm just honestly not sure what it is. Although I am pretty sure working to shape a culture of inclusion helps.

Humor might help, too. I can't be the only one that enjoys a good poke at normal. 

normal minion, removing the stumbling block

And then, of course, there's simple truth:


What are your thoughts about the concept of normal?


Don't miss a post from Removing the Stumbling Block:



No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like:

Do not publish, curate, sell, post, or distribute all or any part of this blog's content without express permission of the author. You are invited, however, to share links to posts on your webpage, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and other social networking sites. If you are interested in republishing any Removing the Stumbling Block content on your own blog, in a newsletter, or if you wish to use any content in another educational way, please contact me. I am also available to write unique content for your specific network.